If the skipper is prevented from going on board due to an insured event/ circumstance, the costs of the entire charter sailing trip will be compensated with a deduction for the payable excess (deductible). If a crew member is unable to board the boat, this insurance will pay the appropiate proportional amount of compensation less the payable excess (deductible). The curtailment of travel during the sailing trip is also insured.
Our Cancellation Of Travel Costs Insurance
is specifically tailored for charter trips and vacations in holiday apartments.
- If the skipper is unable to be present at the start of travel and the entire charter must therefore be cancelled, the policy will pay the incident cancellation costs in respect of the skipper and crew.
- If a crew member is unable to start the travel, the policy will pay compensation for the proportional charter price for that crew member.
- The cancellation of travel costs insurance, moreover, will compensate the unused part of the charter fee if the sailing trip is curtailed due to an insured event/circumstance.
Corona Quarantine Protection!
Regardless of whether the illness is triggered by a pandemic or not, insurance cover exists in principle (according to ABRV conditions) in the event of unexpectedly severe illnesses before the start of the journey. However, interventions by higher authorities and thus also the consequence of quarantine orders are excluded and can only be co-insured with our Corona Quarantine Supplementary Insurance. Please select below accordingly whether you wish to have this cover included. Examples of our
If desired, the insolvency of the charter yacht operator can also be included. Please follow the link for more information and the conclusion of the insolvency insurance incl. curtailment of travel insurance:
- Due to technical insurance reasons we offer this product only for residents of EU Member States (except Cyprus, Malta and Slovakia). We are sorry but ALL other nations, we cannot insure.
- Crew number does not include the skipper
- Always follow the travel advice of the German Foreign Office or if you live in another country than from there. For the latest travel warnings and information on your holiday destination, please contact the Website of the German Foreign Office..
- If there are less than 4 weeks between the booking and the start of the trip, the conclusion must take place immediately upon booking (at least after 1 day).
- Booking up to 8 weeks before departure Conclusion of RRKV 14 days after travel booking
- Booking up to 12 weeks (almost 3 months) before departure Conclusion of RRKV up to 28 days after travel booking (4 weeks)
- Booking up to 16 weeks (almost 4 months) before departure Conclusion of RRKV up to 42 days after travel booking (6 weeks)
- Booking up to 24 weeks (almost 6 months) before departure Conclusion of RRKV up to 70 days after travel booking (10 weeks)
- Booking longer than 24 weeks in advance, conclusion up to 84 days after travel booking (12 weeks)
- Trips over 8 weeks require prior agreement. Please contact us. The full scope of the agreement is based on the General Terms and Conditions for Cancellation of Travel Costs ABRV.
- For non-German residents the insurance tax of the home country is valid, nevertheless the total premiums listed here do not change.
- Please make sure to add any possible banking fees which are payable by the policy holder.