- Phone:+49 40 369 849-0
- Fax: +49 40 369 849-11
The following notices will help you and us to process a loss as fast as possible - so that your yacht is quickly back out on the water!
- You have the duty to minimise the loss as much as possible. Please act in the same manner as you would if you were not insured.
- Tell us as quickly as possible - e.g. by telephone, fax or e-mail about the cause, nature and extent (cost estimate) of the damage / loss and for collision damage please state the name and contact details of the other party. Please tell us how we can contact you to inform you of the appropiate rules of action.
- Please return to us the Notification of loss - water sports carefully filled in - along with nautical charts and logbook extracts.
- Do not admit any claims for the time being. Instead you should ask the claimant to produce a detailed declaration.
- Please detail all important facts even where these are not specifically asked about (inebriation, revocation of sailing license - suspicions - high or unjustified claims).
- Where damage / loss is caused by fire, explosion, theft or malicious damage, file a criminal complaint immediately with the police.
- In the General Terms and Conditions of Insurance in your agreement, further instructions are to be found under "Duties of the Policy Holder in the case of a loss event / insured event".
- If the insurer appoints an adjuster to assess the damage, you will take part at the inspection and you should use this opportunity to consult with the repair workshop / boatyard and / or the appraiser to demarcate the amount of the damage / loss and to achieve agreement in all respects.
- If you are unable to agree with the decision of the adjuster, you have the option of an out-of-court clarification with the Adjuster Procedure. You nominate a second adjuster of your choice. Both adjusters will then appoint an arbitrator, who will examine the case and make a decision.
- Please do not assign your claim against the insurer to a boatyard without our consent.
- Special information for water damage:
a) For salvage during distress at sea do not negotiate fixed costs with the salvage company. The usual international method is the open contract "no cure - no pay".
Let your insurer conduct the remaining negotiations.
Please do not make any statements with respect to the value of your yacht.
b) Damage sustained while in the custody of a third party is to be documented jointly with that party (cause, course of events, scope and value of the damage).
Collision damage and strandings must, moreover, be reported at the next port to the harbour police or harbour master by producing the logbook extract.